UPDATED: December 29th, 2019
Note: DecryptedGamer.com is not affiliated with any product manufacturer. Logos, trademarks, names, images, etc. are property of their respective companies.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to DecryptedGamer.com via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); DecryptedGamer.com, we or us
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by DecryptedGamer.com and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to DecryptedGamer.com and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, http:// DecryptedGamer.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Name – collected upon completing forms, registering to DecryptedGamer.com website and/or unless shared with us in any format.
- Gender – automatically collected upon visiting DecryptedGamer.com website.
- Contact Information such as email addresses – When you are a registered user on DecryptedGamer.com or when signed up for newsletters and trying to contact us.
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests (automatically collected) – This includes information about your: country, service provider, city via Google Analytics;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, DecryptedGamer.com is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for a minimum of 1 hour up to 50 months – after which, they will be automatically deleted.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- We retain data from using Google Analytics for business purposes only. Our Google Analytics data does not expire, however we do not share any personal data with any third parties – we use it to offer better services to you and to offer us tools in order to enhance your experience while using our services.
- Data that is collected by Google Analytics is only shared with Google Adsense verified parties in order to offer a safe and personalised and/or non-personalised advertisements on our website in order to allow us to keep our services free.
Third party websites and services
- DecryptedGamer.com may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator’s email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following: use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Data security is of great importance to DecryptedGamer.com and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling DecryptedGamer.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie/Purpose (for more please visit Cookies page)
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Submission of personal information is not required to browse DecryptedGamer.com anonymously.
To create an account with DecryptedGamer, individuals must be 16 years of age or older. If we discover that we have collected the personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
If you reside in the European Union, under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access, correct or delete your personal information that we have collected
- Receive your personal information in a structured and standard machine readable format
- Object to, and restrict, the further processing of your personal information
If you live in the European Union and you wish to exercise your right to the restriction of processing or your right to object to processing, contact us.
You may contact DecryptedGamer.com by email at WEBMASTER(DOT)DECRYPTEDGAMER(AT)GMAL.COM